New Delhi: India, the nation of festivals, will begin a series of celebrations in various states in October. Despite the fact that the festival is the same, it is celebrated on different days and in different ways.
Therefore Private and public sector banks across the country will remain closed for 21 days in the month of October including the second and fourth Saturdays and Sundays. There are five Sundays in the month. The number of bank holidays in the upcoming month is more owing to a national holiday – Gandhi Jayanti and other festivals like Durga Puja, Dussehra or Vijayadashami, Diwali.
Some states will have back-to-back bank holidays owing to the weekend, which will be followed by festivals. The following states will have long bank holidays during Dussehra, which falls on October 5 (Wednesday).
HERE’S FULL LIST OF BANK HOLIDAYS IN OCTOBER 2022
- October 1 – Half Yearly Closing of Bank Accounts
- October 2 – Sunday & Gandhi Jayanti Holiday
- October 3 – Durga Puja (Maha Ashtami)
- October 4 – Durga Puja/Dussehra (Maha Navami)/Ayudha pooja/Janmotsav of Srimanta Sankardeva
- October 5 – Durga Puja/Dussehra (Vijaya Dashmi)/Janmotsav of Srimanta Sankardeva
- October 6 – Durga Puja (Dashain)
- October 7 – Durga Puja (Dashain)
- October 8 – Second Saturday Holiday and Milad-i-Sherif/Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi (Birthday of Prophet Muhammed)
- October 9 – Sunday
- October 13 – Karva Chauth
- October 14 – Friday following Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi
- October 16 – Sunday
- October 18 – Kati Bihu
- October 22 – fourth Saturday
- October 23 – Sunday
- October 24 – Kali Puja/Deepavali/Diwali (Laxmi Pujan)/Naraka Chaturdashi)
- October 25 – Laxmi Puja/Deepawali/Govardhan Pooja
- October 26 – Govardhan Pooja/Vikram Samvant New Year Day/Bhai Bij/Bhai Duj/Diwali (Bali Pratipada)/Laxmi Puja/Accession Day
- October 27 – Bhaidooj/Chitragupt Jayanti/Laxmi Puja/Deepawali/Ningol Chakkouba
- October 30 – Sunday
- October 31 – Sardar Vallabhbhai Patels Birthday/Surya Pashti Dala Chhath (Morning ardhya)/Chhath Puja
To avoid any inconvenience, if you have any bank-related work, you should contact your local branch to confirm the bank holidays in October this year according to your region.