India’s largest public sector lender, State Bank of India (SBI) has begun WhatsApp Banking services, through which customers can avail of certain banking services by using WhatsApp. Customers will have the choice of using the Whatsapp banking feature, which is an optional service.
Announcing the new Whatsapp initiative in a Tweet, SBI said “Your bank is now on WhatsApp. Get to know your Account Balance and view Mini Statement on the go.”
— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) August 29, 2022
Steps to register for the SBI WhatsApp service
To register your bank account with the SBI WhatsApp banking service, send an SMS WAREG A/C No (9172089XXXX) from your registered mobile number. Once your registration is complete, you can use SBI’s WhatsApp banking service.
READ ALSO:PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana 2022: Here’s How to register for PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana and get Rs 3000 per month
How to use WhatsApp banking services
- Step 1: Once registered, send ‘Hi’ to +919022690226 or reply to the message you have received on WhatsApp, ‘Dear Customer, You are successfully registered for SBI WhatsApp Banking services.’
- Step 2: Once replied, you will receive this reply, ‘Dear Customer, Welcome to SBI Whatsapp Banking Services!
- Please choose from any of the options below.
- 1. Account Balance
- 2. Mini Statement
- 3. De-register from WhatsApp Banking.
- Step 3: Choose from options 1 or 2 to check your account balance or generate a mini statement of the last five transactions. Further, you can also choose Option 3 if you want to de-register from SBI WhatsApp Banking.
- Step 4: Your account balance or mini statement will be displayed as per your choice.