The Reliance Telecom Company is all set to launch the 5G Network all over India by the end of the year 2023. Now The Mukesh Ambani-headed firm has officially confirmed that it has rolled out Jio 5G service in 75 Indian cities so far. The latest ones being – Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur. Check the list below of cities where Reliance Jio has launched Jio 5G.
Jio 5G cities: Full list
- October 4, 2022: Delhi, Mumbai, Varanasi, Kolkata
- October 22, 2022: Nathdwara, Chennai
- November 10, 2022: Bengaluru, Hyderabad
- November 11, 2022: Gurugram, Noida, Ghaziabad, Faridabad
- November 23, 2022: Pune
- November 25, 2022: 33-districts of Gujarat
- December 14, 2022: Ujjain temples
- December 20, 2022: Kochi, Guruvayur temple
- December 26, 2022: Tirumala, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Guntur,
- December 28, 2022: Lucknow, Trivandrum, Mysuru, Nashik, Aurangabad, Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchkula, Zirakpur, Kharar, Derabassi
- December 29, 2022: Bhopal, Indore
- January 5, 2023: Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack
- January 6, 2023: Jabalpur, Gwalior, Ludhiana, Siliguri
- January 7, 2023: Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur
How to activate Jio 5G on your smartphone
In order to use Jio 5G, you will have to enable 5G on your compatible smartphones. This can be done from the phone’s settings. In case, you are not sure how follow the step-by-step guide below to activate Jio 5G on Android and iPhone.
Once Jio rolls out its 5G services in your area, 5G can be activated on an Android phone using the following procedure.
- Open ‘Settings’ app on your smartphone
- Next, find and select ‘Mobile network’ or a similar setting
- Select the Jio SIM you want to enable 5G on
- From here, select the ‘Preferred network type’ option
- Now select the option that says 5G
- After following these steps, you should be getting a 5G symbol on the status bar which indicates that 5G services have been activated on your smartphone
Also, make sure to enable mobile data and turn off Wi-Fi for the 5G symbol to appear.
How to activate Jio 5G on iPhone
iPhone users with iPhone 12 series and above can use 5G services by enabling it from the cellular settings. Following is the step-by-step process to activate Jio 5G on an iPhone.
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your iPhone
- Next, go the the ‘Cellular’ menu within the settings
- From here select ‘Cellular Data Options’
- Now to enable 5G, tap on ‘Voice & Data’ option and either select ‘5G Auto’ or ‘5G On’ option
- Your iPhone will connect to a 5G network when available and you should see a 5G symbol on the status bar which indicates 5G services have been enabled
If the option to enable 5G within the settings doesn’t show up, it means the support is not live yet. Per a report, Apple has not opened 5G support on iPhones in India yet. In that case, a future iOS software update should enable the same on your iPhone.
How to check if your area has 5G
In order to check if your area has 5G services, download the SpeedTest by Ookla’s app on your mobile phone. The app is available on Android mobile phone and iPhone. After you have downloaded the app, follow the steps:
- Complete the setup process.
- Give necessary permissions to run the SpeedTest app.
- Now, from the app’s home screen, choose the map option from the bottom menu bar
- Look for the dark blue spots on the map
- The blue spots represent 5G coverage. You can zoom in to get the exact details and visit the place with your 5G-enabled device to experience the 5G services
How to check if your smartphone is Jio 5G ready
In order to use 5G, you need to ensure whether your current smartphone supports 5G or not.
- To do that, refer to the retail box or packaging of your smartphone and check for any ‘5G’ text either on the front along with the model name or on the backside as a label. If no such text is present, then your smartphone is not 5G compatible. However, to be double sure you can always look up Google for the same.
- If your smartphone does support 5G, then check whether the bands mentioned on the retail box are supported by Jio’s 5G bands in your circle/city.