Konkan Railway Corporation Limited, KRCL has invited applications for Apprentice posts. Eligible candidates can apply online through the official website of KRCL at konkanrailway.com. This recruitment drive will fill up 190 posts in the organisation.
The closing date of receipt of on-line application for training under NATS is December 10, 2023. Read below for eligibility, selection process and other details.
- Civil Engineering: 30 posts
- Electrical Engineering: 20 posts
- Electronics Engineering: 10 posts
- Mechanical Engineering: 20 posts
- Diploma (Civil): 30 posts
- Diploma (Electrical): 20 posts
- Diploma (Electronics): 10 posts
- Diploma (Mechanical): 20 posts
- General Stream Graduates: 30 posts
- Candidates are required to register themselves online with the National Apprenticeship Training Scheme portal and have a valid approved NATS ID, else their candidature will be rejected at the time of document verification.
- Candidates who have passed out within the last 5 years* i.e. 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 will be considered (*5 years from the date of passing the qualifying examination and date of joining the apprenticeship training).
Category – I Graduate Apprentices:- The candidate must be a Graduate in
Engineering in the listed fields from recognized (AICTE) University as under:-
- Civil Engineering. BE/B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering: BE/B.Tech in i) Electrical / Electronics & Power Engineering or Combination of any sub stream of Basics streams of Electrical.
- Electronics Engineering: BE/B.Tech in Electrical/Electronics/Information Technology/Communication Engineering/ Computer Science & Engineering / Computer Science/ Computer Engineering Or ii) a combination of any sub stream of basic streams of Electrical/ Electronics/InformationTechnology/Communication Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering: BE/B.Tech in Mechanical/Industrial/ Automobile/Production Engineering.
Category – II Technician (Diploma) Apprentices:- The candidate must be a Diploma holder in any of the listed fields from a University or Institution recognized by Central/State Govt. Technical Education Board or University as under:-
- Civil Engineering: Diploma in Civil Engineering.
- Electrical Engineering: Diploma in Electrical/ Electronics & Power Engineering or a combination of any sub stream of basic streams of Electrical/ Electronics.
- Electronics Engineering: Diploma in Electrical/Electronics/Information technology/Communication Engineering/ Computer Science & Engineering / Computer Science/ Computer engineering or a combination of any sub stream of basic
streams of Electrical/ Electronics..
- Mechanical Engineering : Diploma in Mechanical/Industrial/ Automobile/Production Engineering.
Category – III Graduate Apprentices:– The candidate must be a Graduate in any of the listed General Streams from a University or Institute recognized by UGC/Central or State Govt/Technical Education Board.
- General Stream Graduates: Degree in Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Business Administration / Bachelor of Management Science / Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication / Bachelor of Business Studies.
- Candidates should have the educational qualification prescribed for the notified training on the date of document verification. No additional weightage will be given to the candidate who possesses higher qualification along with above minimum essential qualification.
Note: Candidates having degree in any other Branch/Discipline other than as
mentioned above are not eligible to apply.
18-25 years as on 01.09.2023 (DOB between 01.09.1998 to 01.09.2005).
There will be upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for
OBC-NCL candidates, subject to submission of required documents at the time of
- For all the categories, the total marks obtained for all years/semesters will be summed up to arrive at an aggregate percentage and a merit list will be prepared accordingly. No rounding off will be done and no weightage will be given to any particular semester/year.
- The application fees is ₹100/- for all candidates. Candidates belonging to SC /ST/Female/ minorities / Economically Weaker Section are exempted from payment of application fees. For more related details candidates can check the official website of Konkan Railways.
How to Apply:
- The candidates should keep ready the following particulars at the time of filling up the application form:
- Active email ID and Mobile Number.
- Enrollment/Verified Registered details of NATS portal. The candidate
should invariably be a passout from 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 or 2023.
- Candidate must fill in application only through the link provided on the official website of KRCL on https://konkanrailway.com/ under the Quick Links → Graduate Apprentice/Technician Apprentice for training in KRCL.
- Read all the information and instructions detailed in the notification thoroughly before starting filling up of the application to prevent any mistakes while filling the application.
- Candidates should ensure that they possess/fulfill all eligibility conditions prescribed for the training as on the closing date for submitting application.
- Candidate has to register his/her candidature in order to start with. A registration number will be generated. This registration number will be sent to the candidates through registered mobile number and email ID.