PAN Aadhaar Link Status: A permanent account number (PAN) is a ten-character alphanumeric identifier, issued in the form of a laminated “PAN card”, by the Indian Income Tax Department, to any person who applies for it or to whom the department allots the number without an application.
A PAN is a unique identifier issued to all judicial entities identifiable under the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961. The income tax PAN and its linked card are issued under Section 139A of the Income Tax Act. It is issued by the Indian Income Tax Department under the supervision of the Central Board for Direct Taxes (CBDT) and it also serves as an important proof of identification.
Linking of PAN With Aadhaar
Linking your PAN card with Aadhaar has been made mandatory for certain services, such as filing your income tax returns. As per a recent notification from the government, the last date to link PAN with Aadhaar is 31 March 2023. Earlier, the last date was 31 March 2022.
News WhatsApp Group Links – Join Now
However, fines will have to be paid in case the PAN and Aadhaar are linked after 31 March 2022. The fine is Rs.500 if the linking is done between 1 April 2022 and 30 June 2022. The penalty is Rs.1,000 if the linking is done between 1 July 2022 and 31 March 2023.
PAN Aadhaar Link Status: How To Check PAN Is Linked With Aadhaar Card?
- Step 1: View PAN-Aadhaar link status without signing in on www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/
- Step 2: On the e-Filing Portal homepage, go to ‘Quick Links’ and click on Link Aadhaar Status.
- Step 3: Enter your PAN and Aadhaar Number, and click on View Link Aadhaar Status.
On successful validation, a message will be displayed regarding your Link Aadhaar Status.
If the Aadhaar-Pan link is in progress, then the below message will appear on the screen;
Your Aadhaar-PAN linking request has been sent to UIDAI for validation. Please check the status later by clicking on ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ link on Home Page
If the Aadhaar PAN linking is successful, then it will display the following message;
You PAN is already linked to given Aadhaar
How To View PAN-Aadhaar Link Status Post-Login
- Step 1a: After login in to the e-Filing Portal homepage, go to your Dashboard and click on Link Aadhaar Status.
- Step 1b: Alternatively, you can go to My Profile > Link Aadhaar Status.
- (If your Aadhaar is already linked, the Aadhaar number will be displayed. If Aadhaar is not linked Link Aadhaar Status is displayed)
- If the validation fails, click on Link Aadhaar on the Status page, and you will need to repeat the steps to link your PAN and Aadhaar.
- If your request to link PAN and Aadhaar is pending with UIDAI for validation, you will need to check the status later.
You may need to contact the Jurisdictional Assessing Officer to delink Aadhaar and PAN if:
- Your Aadhaar is linked with some other PAN
- Your PAN is linked with some other Aadhaar
FOR FULL 👉: CLICK HERE
Bumper Vacancies OUT For 9212 Posts, Qualification 10th – 12th Pass, Salary 69100 – Check Eligibility Here
NHIDCL Recruitment 2023: Multiple Job Vacancies, Salary Up to 67000, Check Posts, and How to Apply Here
GOVERNOR SHRI MANOJ SINHA INAUGURATES JIO TRUE 5G IN JAMMU AND KASHMIR – HERE’S HOW TO ACTIVATE 5G ON YOUR PHONE
Final Seniority List of 4990 Masters (Worked/Working As Incharge Headmasters And Equivalent – Check Full List Here
Seniority List of Officers Of Heads Of The Departments/Offices- Check List Here
SSC Recruitment For 12523 Posts, Qualification 10th Pass- Apply Online Here
CLICK HERE TO: DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APPLICATION FOR LATEST UPDATES ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE
Kashmir News is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel(@thekashmirnews) and stay updated with the latest news on Telegram