The central government started many welfare schemes for the welfare of farmers, whose benefits are now being given to lakhs of farmers in the country. One of these schemes is PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
The PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana is a pension scheme meant for old age protection and social security of small and marginal farmers. From the age group of 18 to 40 years farmers can register themselves under this scheme. They have to deposit Rs. 55 to Rs. 200 in the government account every month according to their age.
These installments have to be paid till the age of 60 years. When the farmer’s age crosses 60 years, the installments automatically stop. After this, the farmer who got registered in the scheme is given a pension of 3 thousand rupees by the government every month.
PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana 2022: Registration process
To get the name added to PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana (PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana), you have to first get registered in PM Kisan Samman Nidhi. After this registration, you will have to fill out a form and apply to get the name added to PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana. This form As soon as you fill it, your installments will start deducting for the Maandhan Pension Scheme every month.
PM Kisan Mandhan Yojana 2022: Installments
The interesting thing is that you will not even have to pay these installments, the government will give it. Under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, the installments of Man Dhan Yojana will be deducted from the amount of 6 thousand rupees that you will get in a year and after that, you will get the remaining amount.
When you reach 60 years of age, you will start getting a pension of Rs.3-3 thousand per month from the government.
How to register for PM Kisan pension
These are steps to register for PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana, as per the official website.
- Step 1: The Eligible SMFs desirous of joining the scheme shall visit nearest Common Service Centre (CSC).
- Step 2: Following are the prerequisites for the enrollment process:
- Aadhaar Card: Savings Bank Account Number along with IFSC Code ( Bank Passbook or Cheque Leave/book or copy of bank statement as evidence of bank account ).
- Step 3: Initial contribution amount in cash will be made to the Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE).
- Step 4: The VLE will key-in the Aadhaar number, Name of beneficiary and Date of birth as printed on aadhaar card for authentication.
- Step 5: The VLE will complete the online registration by filling up the details like Bank Account details, Mobile Number, Email Address, Spouse (if any) and Nominee details will be captured.
- Step 6: System will auto calculate monthly contribution payable according to age of the Beneficiary.
- Step 7: Beneficiary will pay the 1st subscription amount in cash to the VLE.
- Step 8: Enrollment cum Auto Debit mandate form will be printed and will be further signed by the beneficiary. VLE will scan the same and upload it into the system.
- Step 9: A unique Kisan Pension Account Number (KPAN) will be generated and Kisan Card will be printed.
NOTE: The farmer will not have to pay any separate fee for registration and the applicant must have a Savings Bank Account or PM Kisan Account.