Sports Scholarship Scheme: ONGC Sports Scholarship Scheme 2022-23 is an initiative offered by the Corporate Sports Division, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. to provide financial assistance to the upcoming young talented sportspersons who have the potential to excel in their respective sports. This will help them pursue their dream, bring acclaim & laurels to the country and inspire the younger generation for engaging in sports activities. The selected candidates will receive up to INR 30,000 per month.
Eligibility for ONGC Sports Scholarship:
- To be eligible, an applicant must
- Be an Indian citizen
- Be a sportsperson of 14 to 25 years of age (Note – Minimum age of 14 years will be considered as on 1st April 2022. However, minimum age criteria for scholarship in Chess, Gymnastics & Swimming will be 10 years.)
- Scholarships shall be granted for the remaining period of FY 2022-23.
- Being merit based sports scholarship, each sportsperson will have to apply afresh every year.
- Not availing any scholarship/stipend from any other organization during the scholarship period
Sports Scholarship Scheme 2022-23: Important Dates
Last Date to Apply: 21.09.2022
Sports Scholarship Scheme 2022-23: Scholarship Amount
The amount of Scholarship to be granted to the selected sportspersons will be as under –
|Category||National Level||International Level|
Sports Scholarship Scheme 2022-23: Document for proof of Age
- Birth certificate (Mandatory)
- Passport or Aadhar Card or 10th Class certificate (Any one)
ONGC Sports Scholarship Selection Criteria:
- The proficiency of the sportsperson will be evaluated based on their participation/performance in National & International tournaments/events recognized by National/International Sports Federations/Associations.
- The criteria for Badminton, Billiards & Snooker, Golf, Shooting, Squash, Table Tennis, Tennis and Para Games where ranking at International/National level is available and the same will be considered as criteria for selection for scholarship as given below –
- Latest National & International Singles Rankings available on the closing date of the submission of applications will be considered for selection.
- Evaluation will be based on total points scored in both National & International rankings
- Any tie-in points will be broken in the following sequence –
- Based on better International ranking and if required
- Based on a better National ranking
The Evaluation Criteria for Athletics, Archery, Basketball, Boxing, Carrom, Football, Gymnastics, Hockey, Kabaddi, Swimming, Volleyball, Wrestling & Para Games will be based on the score matrix.
How To Apply Online FOR ONGC Sports Scholarship 2022
The candidates willing to apply for the scholarship need to follow the subsequent steps:
- Open the official portal of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited of India ONGC at ongcindia.com.
- In the News and Updates section, tap on ONGC Sports Scholarship Scheme 2022-23 link.
- On the newly opened scholarship page, tap on Click here to apply.
- Click on the option of Apply for Scholarship.
- The form will open up.
- Enter all the details of the candidates and fill out the form.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Finally, tap on Submit
How To Apply Offline For ONGC Sports Scholarship 2022
The students can apply for the ONGC scholarship through offline mode as well. The stepwise procedure to apply offline are as follows:
- Step 1 – The candidates should download the application form from the ONGC official website.
- Step 2 – They should take a print out of the application form and fill it with the required details.
- Step 3 – The candidates should stick a passport size photo on their application form.
- Step 4 – They should also attach hard copies of their documents with the application form.
- Step 5 – The candidates should enclose the application form, documents and send them to the below address:
Adress: Oil And Natural Gas Corporation Limited, Green Hills Tel Bhavan, Dehradun – 248 003
Note: The documents should be duly certified by the dean, head or principal of the educational institution.